Invent tomorrow starting today.
Academics at the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology is about the intellectual electricity sparked by more than 2,400 curious, intelligent, and ambitious minds from 40 states and 35 countries collaborating with more than 100 distinguished faculty members whose passion for science and engineering have earned them regional and national recognition.
You can expect:
- A select array of challenging, highly-reputed undergraduate and graduate academic programs in science and engineering to choose from.
- Small, personalized classes as well as a wide variety of academic mentoring and advising services to help you succeed.
- To impatiently devour complex theories in science and engineering so you can roll up your sleeves and learn to implement them through exciting, hands-on, real-world projects in our state-of-the-art facilities.
- Incredible research opportunities on campus and beyond - the university receives nearly $21 million in annual funding from sources such as NASA, the Air Force Research Laboratory, the National Science Foundation, and the State of South Dakota.
- Extraordinary career opportunities upon graduation—98 percent of our students are admitted to graduate and professional programs, or begin careers in their field with an average annual starting salary of approximately $57,000.
Visit our campus.
You’ll discover a community absorbed in tackling problems critical to the region, relevant to the nation, and of concern to the world. They are the scientists and engineers, visionaries and leaders, who will invent tomorrow.